Hello,
I'll use this blog to track my progress on Google's Summer of Code. My mentoring organization is Haskell.org and my mentor is Audrey Tang from Pugs (and #perl6). My project is about providing faster implementations of collection types (like hashes and arrays). To do this I'll use a library called Judy, which implements dynamic sparse arrays: first working on Haskell bindings for the lib, then implement some Haskell API interfaces for collection types. The work is in the Pugs repository, and I'll be working with spinclad (from #perl6), who's doing some work on Judy library to get iterations on Judy data types. If everything works fine, we expect some performance improvement in a lot of Haskell applications.
Well, that's it. I'm still a beginner in Haskell but I expect to learn a lot in the next months. Even chose it to develop my Compiler class project. =)
Oh, just one last thing: Haskell.org people, thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment