- Judy.Map/Map2/MapSL: Map now uses any Stringable (methods toString and fromString) type as index type, and any Refeable (has methods to map to Value type) type as Index. Map is using JudyHS (strings with lengths) as backend, and MapSL uses JudySL (null terminated strings). Map2 is built on top JudyL (keys are pointer-sized values), so it uses Refeable types as index too.
- Iter "situation": I'm suspecting HSIter code has problems, don't know if it's in my bindings or in spinclad tree, still need to debug, which means still need to learn how to debug Haskell code (it seems to be difficult/impossible make it play nicely with gdb). The "situation" is: Iter code is segfaulting when a lot of memory is being used before calling HSIter related functions.
- Pugs: As Map isn't fully functional (because of Iter problems), I used MapSL to be the backend for IHash type in Pugs, no much time improvements, but at least compiled/runned_tests fine. The interface is the same as Map, so changing between is easy AND Map will perform better.
- CollectionsM: I started with MapM class, it's being used by the three map types.
- Possible bug in GHC: http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2006-June/010389.html
- Missing stuff: Nothing in benchmark area yet, I will looking for nice examples/algorithms to include as benchmark for Set and Map types. I'm not staying online in #haskell as much as I wanted, hope fix this when semester ends. I didn't talk about finalizer stuff here, but will as soon as I have something concrete.
2006-06-25
The semester is almost ending (more 2, 2.5 weeks and it's all finished). I'm trying to take as much time as I can to deal with the project. Some (confusing) news:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment