2006-06-07

Short updates

  • StablePtrs and BitSet: I discovered that StablePtrs are not fit to used as indexes for external arrays, that is because for the same haskell "value", GHC may create different objects on the heap. So for BitSet, inspired on Edison (library of pure functional data structures), we created a type-class HashIO, that maps a type into a Value, so this Value can be used as index in Judy Arrays. If the type is also ReversibleHashIO, there is a function that lists all index elements in a BitSet.
  • Judy basic FFI: the missing part to be tested is JudyHSIter. Recently spinclad changed HSIter code to use m4 macros instead of CPP macros. I still have to test it.
  • My next steps: audreyt mentioned that a good test might be using BitSet instead of StateT IntSet in Pugs.Prim code. I'll try to make it happen. Also learning about Cabal packages, to get HsJudy cabalized. And last but no least, I'm downloading code from collections and Edison to take a look. These steps may be slown down by some school assignments due next week.

No comments:

About Me